In an article from Tower Hill Insurance, they discuss the importance of preparing your home for your holiday guests.
With Thanksgiving only a couple weeks away, take advantage of the time now to prepare your home for the festivities. Your family may be used to those little quirks around your home like the hallway rug that’s quick to slide or the bathroom faucet that runs too hot, but your guests may not.
To help your family and holiday visitors stay safe, do a quick home inspection and make minor changes as needed. Here are tips to get you started:
- Secure throw rugs using sticky padding or double-sided carpet tape.
- Make sure electrical cords are out of the way or taped down.
- Add night lights to your guest bedroom, bathroom and hallways.
- Use stick-on non-slip strips in showers and bathtubs, plus consider adding a grab bar.
- Adjust the thermostat lower on your hot water heater, if the water runs too hot.
- Tell your overnight guests if you set your home alarm when going to bed. Then they will know ahead of time what not to do, such as open their bedroom window for a breath of fresh air at midnight.
You may want to also review your homeowners policy to ensure you are protected. The reality is that the more people you have on your property, the higher the likelihood that someone could get hurt and you could be liable. While there is liability coverage on most home insurance policies, it is not typically enough to cover the losses of a potential lawsuit if someone gets hurts.
However, Herbie Wiles Insurance can help you see where you’re protected and where you could use more coverage and potentially provide you with a Personal Umbrella Insurance policy to go above and beyond the liability limits on your homeowners policy. Call us today at (904) 829-2201 to learn more so that you can rest assured, knowing that you’re protected, and truly enjoy your holiday spent with friends and family.